Health is wealth. Thus, you should invest in something that will help you improve your health like pedometers, fitness trackers, activity trackers and heart rate monitors. You do not really need to spend hours in the gym or exhaust yourself to maintain a healthy weight. Just keep moving and track your activity with fitness trackers. Aim to make 10,000 steps a day. You do not have to record, count and remember every step you make because an activity tracker like a pedometer or step counter will do this for you. Read more to learn about these tools.
What is a pedometer?
A pedometer is an activity tracker that uses motion sensors to measure or count the number of steps you take. Pedometer for walking and running usually comes with a variety of functions depending on the model and brand. Among the most common functions are counting the number of steps you take, calculating the distance you travel and estimating the calories burned. Other pedometers offer more features like 3-7 day memories, alarm, clock, calendars and more.
|Pedometer||Memory Length||Features||Records||Rating||Warranty||Price||Product Link
|3DTriSport Supreme||30-Days||Advanced Tri-Axis 3D Sensor Technology, Highly Accurate, Memory length||Daily Steps, Walking, Running, Distance, Calories, Fat Burned, Exercise Time||4.5/5||18 Months||$22.46 ||Click Here|
|CSX Walking 3D||7-Days||Accurate Tracking, Targets, 3D Advanced Tri Axis walk sensor technology, World Class Customer Support||daily step count, distance travelled and calorie counter||4.1/5||18 Months||$19.99 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit One||7-Days||Set Goals, Automatic Syncing, Wireless Syncing, Sleep + Alarms||Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and stairs climbed, Monitors Sleep, Distance, Calories Burned, Active Minutes||4.3/5||12 Months||$79.86 ||Click Here|
|Omron HJ-112||7-Days||Dual axis technology, Automatic Reset, Weekly Log, Six Tracking Modes||Steps, Aerobic Steps, Time, Distance, Calories and Fat Burned||4.3/5||18 Months||$77.69 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit Blaze||7-Days||PurePulse™ Heart Rate, Connected GPS, On-Screen Workouts, Color Touchscreen||Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes||4.1/5||12 Months||$179 ||Click Here|
|Omron HJ-320||7-Days||Tri-Axis technology, accurate step count in any position-flat, vertical or horizontal, 3D Smart Sensor||Step, Distance||4.1/5||18 Months||$14.74 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit Zip||7-Days||All-Day Activity, Tap Display, Wirelss Syncing, Long Battery life||Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes||4.0/5||12 Months||$47.99 ||Click Here|
|Omron Alvita||7-Days||Tri-axis technology, Easy Setup, Lightweight||Tracks steps, aerobic steps, distance and calories||4.0/5||18 Months||$21.99 ||Click Here|
|OZO Fitness Pedometer||7-Days||Easy to use, Compact Size, Great Battery Life, Auto-Shut Off function ||Track Steps, Calories & Miles Walked||3.9/5||18 Months||$18.99 ||Click Here|
|Garmin Vivofit||30-Days||Personalized Daily Goals, Garmin Connect, Battery life, water-resistant||Step counter, Heart rate monitor, Move bar, Sleep monitoring||3.9/5||12 Months||$54.99 ||Click Here|
Pedometer Versus Step Counter
Many are often confused between a pedometer and step counter. Although these two fitness trackers measure your number of steps, a step counter does not measure the length of your step or the distance you covered.
If you want a simple fitness tracker that simply counts your number of steps, a step counter will do. However, if you want fitness trackers that deliver more details, then get a pedometer. Pedometer does not only inform you of the number of steps you take. It also reports the calories you burned, the distance you traveled and more depending on what pedometer model you get. Some pedometers track the quality of your sleep and are equipped with a silent alarm to wake you up gently. Others are also equipped with heart rate monitor functions.
How Pedometer Works?
As mentioned, the pedometer is a fitness tracking device. It counts the number of steps you make, every time you walk. It uses a motion sensor to determine your steps. When you walk, your body tilts to one side as you swing a leg forward. A pedometer determines each tilt of your hips and shift of the legs as a step, but it assumed that every step is of the same length. So, basically, it counts your number of steps based on the number of times your body tilts from side to side.
Different Types of Pedometers
Finding the best pedometer design depends on your requirements and needs. Pedometers come in different shapes and sizes. Some come with more features than the others. Check out the different pedometer designs below.
1. Flip Case Pedometer
This type of pedometer has a flip-open cover to protect the surface of the pedometer. It also keeps the user from accidentally bumping the buttons, changing the readings and resetting the step count. While the flip case cover serves its purpose in protecting the pedometer’s surface, it also comes with a drawback. You have to open the flip case to see the reading, which is inconvenient. Other models are difficult to open, which makes the experience worse.
2. Open-Face Pedometer
This pedometer has readouts on the front and it doesn’t have a protective cover or flip case. Most inexpensive pedometers are front-read pedometers. The common drawback of this design is that you may bump and reset the buttons accidentally. Open faced pedometers usually come with a waistband clip or can be carried in the pocket.
3. Pocket Pedometer
This type of pedometer is designed to be kept in your pocket because it does not have any waistband. These pedometers are usually open-faced pedometers but they are engineered with recessed button and button-press delays features. With these features, it won’t be accidentally pressed by contact with your clothing or other items in your pocket.
4. Top-Read Pedometer
Pedometers of this type are similar to open face pedometers. You can just glance at the pedometer to see the reading instead of opening the case. However, since it is open, there are also risks of pressing the buttons accidentally and resetting the readings. The only difference between the two is that top-read pedometer has a wider top design, which makes it less comfortable to wear.
5. Computer and App-Linked Pedometer
Pedometers that belong in this type varies. Some do not include displays because you have to view the data on a computer while others are tied to GPS and cell phone applications. Smartphones usually include app-linked pedometers.
This is one of the most popular types of pedometer or fitness tracker today. They usually come in three varieties: motion sensor chip in the watch, separate sensor, and GPS. As the name suggests, these pedometer is wearable, similar to a watch.
How accurate are pedometers
A pedometer counts your number of steps and reports the calories you burn and the distance you traveled. While this sound scientific, bear in mind that the results are an approximate measurement. You have to assume that there’s an error by at least 10 percent. The accuracy and longevity of the pedometer are influenced by the kind of mechanism use. Check out the different mechanisms below.
- Spring-Levered Pedometers: Majority of the most common and economical pedometers are spring-levered pedometers. This uses tiny spring that serves as its lever arm. It swings downward to close a contact and count a step. Then the spring will return to its original position. The process continues while you make a step. With this mechanism, you will hear a click each step you make. Unfortunately, the spring becomes looser over time with a lot of use and the pedometer’s accuracy drops.
- Coiled-Spring Pedometers: This mechanism also uses a spring, a coil spring. A coil spring is less susceptible to becoming loose, which makes it more accurate than the thin spring type.
- GPS Pedometers – GPS uses satellites to measure distance and speed. It has no moving parts, which makes it less susceptible to damage. These devices do not give you a step count but deliver very accurate speed and distance measurement outdoors. However, changing elevation of terrain can interfere system. You can download an application and use the GPS built into your cell phone or buy a stand-alone GPS pedometer.
- Accelerometer Chip Pedometers – this technology uses motion-sensing chips that you can find in cell phones and modern wrist fitness trackers. They sense movement, no matter how they are oriented and delivers the data to pedometer apps and power fitness bands.
How To Use A Waistband Pedometer
Waistband pedometers are very easy to use. Here’s how to do it.
- Position the pedometer on your waistband directly above your knee. It should face straight up and down. It should not tilt to one side. Instead, it should fit snug close to your body.
- Measure your step length. To do so, mark behind your heel, walk 10 steps and mark where the same heel ends up. Your step length is the distance divided by 10.
- Test the pedometer for accuracy. Take 100 steps and check the reading. If the pedometer indicates that you have walked between 85 and 115 steps, your pedometer is 85% accurate. If the accuracy is not sufficient, place the pedometer on your side over your hip and repeat the experiment.
- Keep track of the readings on your pedometer to check if you meet your activity goals.
NOTE: Walking on slopes, going up or down stairs or bending over will affect the pedometer’s accuracy.
Although pedometers deliver the number of steps you take, it doesn’t actually count but it sense movement. So, the pedometer can sometimes over count non-steps, which makes the results inaccurate. If you intend to buy a pedometer as an activity tracker, the more accurate the pedometer, the better.
Also, take note that pedometers are most accurate when you wear them on your hip. So, if you are looking for the best pedometer, consider its size. A small pedometer that can sit comfortably on your belt loop or waistband is a great choice. Meanwhile, if you are planning to monitor your activity constantly, a pedometer wristband or pedometer bracelet will work for you.
How To Choose The Best Heart Rate Monitor Watch, Activity Tracker Or Fitness Tracker
If you feel the need to get a pedometer, deciding the best one for you could be challenging, given that pedometers come in different shapes, sizes and style. Also, pedometers are now taken at a higher level, they don’t only track activities but monitor heart rate as well. If you are still confused what pedometer or fitness tracker to purchase, we have a checklist for you. Check it out below.
Size, Shape & Design – First, determine the way you wish to wear the device. How will you carry your pedometer, heart rate monitor or activity tracker? Do you want something you can put in your pocket or something you have to clip on your belt? Do you want it to be wearable like a wristband or watch? These things are great deciding factors when choosing for a fitness tracker.
Functions – If you only want a device to count your step, you can go for a step counter. However, if you want a powerful fitness tracking device that counts your step, calculate the calories you burned, compute the distance you take, monitor the quality of your sleep and wake you up with a gentle alarm get a pedometer with these features. There are also pedometers with heart rate monitoring functions, which usually comes in the form of heart rate monitor watch.
Data management – fitness tracking devices are now flexible and versatile. In fact, activity trackers now offer you different ways to read your results. For simple pedometers, you can read the stats on the display. Other pedometers synchronize data wired or wirelessly to your device for a more comfortable reading of your results. Do you want to see your fitness records on your smartphone or tablet? Then go for fitness trackers that allow you to sync your data to other devices.
Social Media – Meanwhile, other activity trackers allow you to share your progress on social media and compare it with friends. If this friendly competition motivates you, then, by all means, get a pedometer with this feature and enjoy your way to fitness with your friends.
Best Rated Pedometers, Fitness Tracker And Heart Rate Monitor Watch
There are tons of activity trackers on the market that comes in different shapes and styles, which offers different features. There are wrist pedometer, pedometer watches, clip pedometers, pocket pedometers and more. To help you save time from researching, we provide you a list of the most popular and best-rated pedometers on the market. We hope this will help you find the best fitness tracker for you.
1. 3DTriSport Supreme Quality Walking 3D Pedometers With Clip and Strap
This device is equipped with the world’s most advanced Tri-Axis 3D sensor technology. This pedometer for walking and running is highly accurate. It works vertically or horizontally. It records your activity while in your pocket, bag or anywhere you place with extreme accuracy. It also stores up 30 days of information. So, you can track your progress in a month. Another thing that will surely impress you is its warranty. This pedometer offers 100% satisfaction guarantee to its customers with its 18-month warranty.
2. CSX Walking 3D Pedometer Activity Fitness Tracker
This pedometer offers accurate tracking using its3D Advanced Tri-Axis walk sensor technology. It measures step count, distance and calories burnt and has seven days total workout memory. With this feature, you can track your progress in a week and motivate yourself. This tracking device is small and lightweight, which makes it great for your outdoor activities.
3. Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker
If you want an all-around activity tracker that does not only tracks your steps but the distance you take and the calories you burned, this fitness tracking device is perfect. It also comes with additional features including alarm and automatic synchronizing of your data to your computer, smartphones, and tablets. This wearable pedometer is water-resistant. So, if you do your morning jog and it suddenly rains, you do not have to worry.
4. Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
This pedometer is equipped with Omron dual axis technology. It counts steps accurately and quietly whether you position it vertically or horizontally. It automatically resets daily to accurately track your steps on the current day. This pedometer tracks regular and brisk steps separately for accuracy.
5. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
This is a wrist-based fitness tracking device that monitors heart rate and tracks the steps, distance, calories burned, floor climbed and active minutes. It also includes multi-sport tracking to track your runs, cardio, cross training, biking and other activities. Fitbit Blaze is also great heart rate monitor watch.
6. Omron HJ-320 Tri-Axis Alvita Pedometer
This pedometer features a smart sensor technology that offers you an accurate reading for your steps and distance. It resets automatically at midnight for the most precise daily count. It also keeps seven days of activity data to keep you motivated and go further each day. With these features, you can push yourself to do extra steps for better health and increased energy. Overall, this pedometer offers accuracy and portability. Moreover, it is very easy to use.
7. Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
This little device offers more than its size. It tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned. It also synchronizes the readings into your computer and smartphones. This device takes your fitness experience to another level by encouraging you to set goals and challenge friends. You can see the readings by just tapping the display. This fitness bracelet is water resistant and has a long battery life that lasts up to 6 months.
8. Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer
This pedometer tracks steps, aerobic steps, distance covered and calories burned. It is equipped with Omron’s validated Tri-Axis technology that offers accurate step count in flat, vertical or horizontal position. It calculates your stride length based on your height and weight. This fitness tracking device displays the current day’s activity on the LCD screen. It can also store your data up to 7days in the device. It only weighs 1 ounce, which makes it very convenient to be clipped on almost anywhere. You can keep it in your pocket, wrap the attachable strap around your wrist or clip it on your hip with its enclosed holder.
9. OZO Fitness Pedometer SC1 – Best Pedometer for Walking
Ozo pedometer is an easy to use activity tracker. It has recessed buttons on the back of the step counter to prevent accidental resets. It comes in a compact size with full-screen display, which makes it a smart pedometer for men, women, kids and seniors. It has auto-shut off function and low battery warning that keeps tracking your steps. It also includes a quick 7-day recall memory and a built-in clock.
10. Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band
This stylish fitness bracelet and fitness tracker in one is an efficient activity tracker that is very comfortable to use. This is water resistant, so you can always wear it on when you step outside. It has a long battery life that can last up to a year without changing. It features an easy-to-read display with the time of the day and the stats right on your wrist. So you can check on it from time to time without hassle. To make your fitness adventure more convenient, it assigns a personalized goal for you each morning. It counts and records calories burned throughout the day, including your metabolic rate. In addition, if you feel restless even after sleeping for long hours, this device can help you monitor your sleep. Just set it in sleep mode when you go to bed to enable it to track the quality of your sleep.
Help yourself enjoy more healthy years by keeping yourself active. However, moving without tracking your activities may not be efficient in helping you maintain or lose weight if this is your goal. It is essential that you know how many calories you take and burn, so you can add extra steps if needed. So, get yourself an efficient fitness tracker or pedometer. This device is a great tool to set your fitness goal, achieve it and maintain it. Do not hesitate to get one for yourself. A pedometer is a great tool to help you achieve a healthier and fitter you.
You should know that obesity is among the leading health problems today. However, by doing 10,000 steps a day, you can maintain a healthy weight. To achieve this, you need to track your number of steps in a day, so equip yourself with a pedometer.
A pedometer is a useful fitness tracking device that counts your steps, calculates the calories you burned and computes the distance you covered. It can also serve as a good heart rate monitor. Pedometers come in different shapes, sizes, and style. Pedometer watches or fitness bracelets are among the most popular fitness tracker today because they are very convenient to use. If you are interested in pedometer watches, fitness bracelet or heart rate monitor watch, read more.
What Is A Pedometer Watch?
A pedometer watch is a wearable fitness tracking device similar to a watch. It shows the time, plus the features that you usually enjoy in a pedometer.
A watch is a very useful accessory because it tells you the time of the day. Most of your activities are scheduled, from your class in school, office hours, business meetings and lunch or dinner dates to name a few. Meanwhile, a pedometer tracks your number of steps in a day and keeps you on track to your fitness goal.
While clip and pocket pedometers are good enough, reading your stat is inconvenient because you have to take it from your pocket or remove the fitness tracking device from your belt loop. Wearing a pedometer next to your watch is the most convenient way to wear it if you wish to check your stats from time to time that is why fitness bracelets and heart rate monitor watch are created. However, you need not wear a watch and a pedometer separately because a pedometer watch is designed for the said purpose.
Pedometer watches usually offer more features than regular pedometers because these activity wristbands usually include clock, monitors sleep quality and heart rate, has a silent alarm to wake you up, GPS tracking and more.
Pros Of Pedometer Watches
- Easy and comfortable to wear
- Safe from pushing buttons or resetting the device accidentally
- Convenient reading of your stats
- More features (clock, alarm, heart rate monitor, sleep monitor)
Cons of Pedometer Watches
- More expensive than regular pedometers
Best Fitness Tracker, Heart Rate Monitors, and Pedometer Watches
There are tons of pedometer watches on the market. In fact, you can find one at your local fitness store or buy online. To help you find the best watch pedometer, we present you the best-rated watch pedometers, fitness bracelets and heart rate monitor watch on the market.
|Pedometer Watch||Memory Length||Features||Records||Rating||Warranty||Price||Product Link
|Fitbit Surge||7-Days||GPS Tracking, PurePulse Heart Rate, All-Day Activity, Long Battery Life, Auto Sleep + Alarms, Wireless Sync||Track workouts & view workout summaries; plus all day activities including steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes||3.6/5||12 Months||$219.11 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit Charge HR||7-Days||PurePulse HeartRate, SmartTrack, Wireless Sync, Long Battery Life, Monitor Sleep, ||Track workouts, heart rate, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes and steps||3.8/5||12 Months||$124 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit Alta||7-Days||"All-Day Activity Tracker, Auto Sleep Tracking, Reminders to Move, SmartTrack™|
Auto Exercise Recognition"
|Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes||4/5||12 Months||$123.99 ||Click Here|
|Fitbit Flex ||7-Days||All-Day Activity Tracler, Progress Display, Wireless Syncing, Auto Sleep & Alarms||Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes, Sleep||3.7/5||12 Months||$79.99 ||Click Here|
|Misfit Shine On||30-Days||Swimproof, Progress and time display, Compatibility with IOS and Android||Tracks walking, running, cycling, swimming ||3.2/5||12 Months||$44.66 ||Click Here|
|Garmin Vivofit||30-Days||Accelerometer, Heart rate monitor, Auto goal, Sleep monitoring||Tracks steps, calories, distance; monitors sleep||3.9/5||12 Months||$54.99 ||Click Here|
Fitbit Best Activity Tracker And Best Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Fitbit is the most popular brand when it comes to pedometer watches. The brand offers several models of wearable fitness trackers that you will surely enjoy. Here are some of the Fitbit models that you should consider:
Fitbit Surge – Best Fitness Tracker
This is the ultimate super watch in the market. It is the #1 selling GPS watch in the U.S. Here are some of its outstanding features:
- GPS Tracking – It determines your distance, pace, split times and elevation climbed. It also reviews your routine.
- PurePulse Heart Rate – It regularly monitors your heart rate
- All-Day Activity – This super watch includes the basic functions of a regular pedometer, it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, floor climbed, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time.
- SmartTrack + Multi-Sport – This powerful fitness tracking device also tracks your runs, rides and other workouts with its multi-sport modes or it automatically records your activities to SmartTrack
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – Monitors the quality of your sleep and automatically sets a silent alarm to wake you up.
- Wireless Syncing – This tool also syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers, so you can view it on wider screens.
- Notifications + Music – This feature allows you to see your call and text notifications on display and control songs from your mobile playlist
- Long Battery Life – This device includes a longer battery life compared to its competitors. It has a battery life that lasts up to 7 days and GPS battery life of up to 10 hours.
Fitbit Charge HR – Best Heart Rate Monitor Watch
This fitness tracking device is designed as a heart rate and activity wristband in one. In short, this is a heart rate pedometer watch. It puts the power of your heart rate on your wrists. Check out some of its impressive features:
- Workouts + All-Day Activity – Just like a regular pedometer, this activity tracking wristband tracks your workouts, heart rate, distance covered, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes, and steps.
- Exercise Mode – It records workouts to get real-time stats and allows you to see post-workout summaries
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – Monitors the quality of your sleep and sets a silent alarm
- PurePulse Heart Rate – This offers you a continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones
- SmartTrack – Automatically recognizes when you are active and records it in the Fitbit app
- Caller ID + Watch – It allows you to see your daily stats and the time of the day. You can also get call notifications through this with compatible devices
- Wireless Syncing – It syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers.
- Long Battery Life – Has longer battery life that lasts up to five days.
Fitbit Alta- Best Activity Tracker
This fitness tracking device is designed to motivate you. It’s a wristband that lets you wear your fitness your way. Check out some of its impressive features:
- All-Day Activity – tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time
- AutoSleep Tracking – It tracks the quality and length of your sleep, so you can see your sleep trends and get a better sleeping routine.
- Clock – Comes with a variety of clock faces to choose from including vertical and horizontal layouts to see your stats the way you prefer it.
- Silent Alarms – You can set a silent alarm in the Fitbit app and Fitbit Alta, and it will vibrate to wake you up gently.
- Reminders to Move – This fitness tracking device helps you stay active by giving you friendly reminders to keep moving and celebrate when you do.
- SmartTrack – It automatically recognizes your activities and records it, so you can track your workouts without the need of pushing a button.
- Call, Text & Calendar Alerts – Allows you to see smart notifications at a glance to keep your phone out of sight and keep you focus on your goal.
- Tap Display – You can get instant access to your stats, time and smartphone notifications by simply tapping the slim OLED display.
- Long Battery Life – This pedometer wristband comes with a long battery life that lasts up to five full days and nights without needing a charge.
Fitbit Flex- Fitness Bracelet
This fitness tracking device is designed to monitor your sleep. It’s a sleep wristband. However, it is not just an ordinary wristband because it makes fitness fashionable. Check out some of its impressive features below:
- All-Day Activity – Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time.
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – It monitors your sleep automatically and sets a silent alarm.
- Progress display -It is equipped with LED display that lights up as you progress towards your daily goal.
- Style + Accessories – you can personalize tracking device with Flex accessories that you can purchase from Fitbit and Tory Burch.
- Wear + Life – This device features a water-resistant wristband with a 5-day battery life.
- Wireless Syncing – It syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers.
Misfit Shine On Activity Tracker
This fitness wristband monitors your fitness and sleeping quality. You can use it anywhere because it is water-resistant. This activity wristband does not need any charging at all, so you do not have to deal with charging and low battery problems. Check out more of its details below:
- Purpose – tracks your activity and sleep quality
- Reports – it keeps your daily, weekly and monthly progress
- Versatile – this pedometer watch is very versatile, you can wear it on your wrist, slide it into your pocket during a grueling workout session or wear it with a pendant during a glamorous evening out. You can also clip it to your waist, pocket, collar, shoe or anywhere you deem is appropriate.
- Fashionable – this pedometer watch comes with different wristbands including sports bands for sports enthusiasts, leather band for professionals, bloom necklace for women or a plain necklace for men who need to wear it in special events.
- Replaceable Battery – Batteries are replaceable. No need for charging.
- Materials –are carved from aircraft-grade aluminum
Garmin Vivofit Fitness Bracelet
This fitness tracking device learns your activity level and assigns you a personalized daily goal. It displays your steps, the calories you burned, the distance you covered and quality of your sleep. It also includes a heart rate monitor for fitness activities. With this pedometer watch, you can save, plan and share your progress at Garmin Connect. Check out the details of Garmin Vivofit below:
- Personalized Daily Goals – Garmin Vivofit is making things active for you by learning your activity level and assigning you attainable daily goals. As you meet your goal, this tracking device will adjust your goal for the next day until you reach a healthy lifestyle.
- Informs You When It’s Time To Move – Several studies learned that prolonged periods of inactivity, such as sitting at a desk decreases your body’s production of fat-burning enzymes. However, you can reverse this by taking frequent, short walk break throughout the day. Unfortunately, it is so easy to overlook this and forget that you have been sitting for hours, so Garmin Vivofit is here to remind you when it’s time to move. In this instance, you will see a red move bar on the display after 1 hour of inactivity and it builds up when you don’t move. To reset this, you have to walk for a couple of minutes.
- Always On – Garmin Vivofit follows your progress 24/7 and it will keep the data for over a year without a battery To track your sleep, you have to set the sleep mode when you go to bed. You can see your total sleep hours and period of movement and restful sleep at the Garmin Connect.
- Keep You Connected – With just a touch of the button, you can wirelessly sync your data with Garmin Connect. You can also access Garmin’s free online community through your computer or any compatible mobile devices with Garmin ConnectMobile app.
These activity trackers, fitness bracelets, and heart rate monitor watch are among the most popular fitness tracking devices on the market. As mentioned, they offer the basic feature that regular pedometers do. However, aside from showing the time just as regular watches do, they are also packed with several features that help you track your overall health including sleep quality and heart rate. Which among the pedometer watches interest you? Do you own any of these workout wristbands? How was your experience?
For those who are considering to get a watch pedometer, we encourage you to do so. A fitness tracking watch is a good investment for your health, so doubt no more and get yourself one today.