Activity monitors, as the name suggests is designed to track your activity or workout, including your heartbeat, quality of sleep and more. A workout tracker or exercise tracker records your all-day activity. It tracks your step, the floors you climbed, distanced walked, calories burned and active minutes.
A fitness band is among the most popular activity trackers today because they are very convenient to use. Due to its popularity, they are also very easy to find. For example, among the hottest items in the market today are pedometer watches, step counter bracelet, heart rate monitor watch, pedometer wristband, fitness tracker watch or activity tracker watch. If you are interested to learn about the best fitness tracker in the market today, read more.
|Fitness Watches Bracelets||Price||Rating||Features||Buy Here|
|Fitbit Surge||$||3.5/5||Tracks all day activity, heart rate monitor, SmartTrack + Multi-Sport, Auto Sleep + Alarms, Notifications + Music|
|Fitbit Charge HR||$$||3.7/5||Tracks all day activity, heart rate monitor, SmartTrack, Auto Sleep + Alarms, Caller ID + Watch,|
|Fitbit Alta||$$$||4/5||All-day activity and auto sleep tracking, reminders to move, SmartTrack, Clock, Call, Text & Calendar Alerts.|
|Fitbit Flex||$$$$||3.7/5||All-day activity tracker, Progress Display, Auto Sleep + Alarms|
|Misfit Shine||$$$$$||3.2/5||Tracks all-day activity and quality of sleep, and keeps progress reports.|
|GarminVivo Fit||$$$$$||3.9/5||Tracks all-day activity and sleep duration, reminds you to move, gives personalized daily goal|
Pedometer Watch Buying Guide
A pedometer watch is a wearable fitness tracking device similar to a watch. It shows the time, plus the features that you usually enjoy in a pedometer.
A watch is a very useful accessory because it tells you the time of the day. Most of your activities are scheduled from your class in school, office hours, business meetings and lunch or dinner dates to name a few. Meanwhile, a pedometer tracks your number of steps in a day and keeps you on track to your fitness goal.
While clip and pocket pedometers are good enough, reading your stat is inconvenient because you have to take it from your pocket or remove the fitness tracking device from your belt loop. Wearing a pedometer next to your watch is the most convenient way to wear it if you wish to check your stats from time to time. However, you need not wear a watch and a pedometer separately because a pedometer wristband is designed to give you the time and the features of a fitness bracelet in one.
Pedometer watches usually offer more features than regular pedometers because these fitness wristbands usually include a clock, monitors your sleep quality and heart rate, has a silent alarm to wake you up, GPS tracking and more.
Pros and Cons On Getting A Fit Band or Pedometer Watches
Best Fitness Watches
There are tons of fit bracelets on the market. In fact, you can find one at your local fitness store or buy online. To help you find the best fitness watch, we present you the different watch pedometers that you can find on the market. You will find the top fitness bands below.
Fitbit is the most popular brand when it comes to pedometer watches. The brand offers several models of wearable fitness trackers that you will surely enjoy. Here are some of the Fitbit best wearable fitness tracker models that you should consider:
Fitbit is the ultimate super watch in the market. It is the#1 selling GPS watch in the U.S., so rest assured that by purchasing this item, you will get the best fitness watch. Here are some of its outstanding features:
- GPS Tracking – It determines your distance, pace, split times, and elevation climbed. It also reviews your routine.
- PurePulse Heart Rate – It regularly monitors your heart rate. Thus, making it a heart rate monitor watch.
- All-Day Activity – This super watch includes the basic functions of a regular pedometer, it tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, floor climbed, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time.
- SmartTrack + Multi-Sport – This wearable fitness tracker records your runs, rides and other workouts with its multi-sport modes. It also automatically records your activities to SmartTrack, so you need not turn on the feature to allow Fitbit to track your activities because it is smart enough to do so without your consent.
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – Monitors the quality of your sleep and automatically sets a silent alarm to wake you up.
- Wireless Syncing – This tool also syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers, so you can view it on wider screens.
- Notifications + Music – This feature allows you to see your call and text notifications on display and control songs from your mobile playlist.
- Long Battery Life – This device includes a longer battery life compared to its competitors. It has a battery life that lasts up to 7 days and a GPS battery life of up to 10 hours.
Fitbit Charge HR
This fitness tracker bracelet is designed as a heart rate and activity wristband in one. In short, this is a heart rate monitor watch. It puts the power of your heart rate on your wrists. Check out some of its impressive features:
- Workouts + All-Day Activity – Just like a regular pedometer, this activity tracking wristband tracks your workouts, heart rate, distance covered, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes, and steps.
- Exercise Mode – It records workouts to get real-time stats and allows you to see post-workout summaries.
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – Monitors the quality of your sleep and sets a silent alarm.
- PurePulse Heart Rate – This offers you a continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones.
- SmartTrack – Automatically recognizes when you are active and records it in the Fitbit app
- Caller ID + Watch – It allows you to see your daily stats and the time of the day. You can also get call notifications through this with compatible devices.
- Wireless Syncing – It syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers.
- Long Battery Life – Has longer battery life that lasts up to five days.
This fitness band is designed to motivate you. It’s a wristband that lets you wear your fitness your way. Check out some of its powerful features:
- All-Day Activity – tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time
- AutoSleep Tracking – It tracks the quality and length of your sleep, so you can see your sleep trends and get a better sleeping routine.
- Clock – Comes with a variety of clock faces to choose from including vertical and horizontal layouts to see your stats the way you prefer it.
- Silent Alarms – You can set a silent alarm in the Fitbit app and Fitbit Alta, and it will vibrate to wake you up gently.
- Reminders to Move – This fitness tracking device helps you stay active by giving you friendly reminders to keep moving and celebrate when you do.
- SmartTrack – It automatically recognizes your activities and records it, so you can track your workouts without the need of pushing a button.
- Call, Text & Calendar Alerts – Allows you to see smart notifications at a glance to keep your phone out of sight and keep you focus on your goal.
- Tap Display – You can get instant access to your stats, time and smartphone notifications by simply tapping the slim OLED display.
- Long Battery Life – This pedometer wristband comes with a long battery life that lasts up to five full days and nights without needing a charge.
This fitness tracker bracelet is designed to monitor your sleep. It’s a sleep wristband. However, it is not just an ordinary wristband because it makes fitness fashionable. Check out some of its splendid features below:
- All-Day Activity – Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time.
- Auto Sleep + Alarms – It monitors your sleep automatically and sets a silent alarm.
- Progress display -It is equipped with LED display that lights up as you progress towards your daily goal.
- Style + Accessories – you can personalize tracking device with Flex accessories that you can purchase from Fitbit and Tory Burch.
- Wear + Life – This device features a water-resistant wristband with a 5-day battery life.
- Wireless Syncing – It syncs your stats wirelessly and automatically to leading smartphones and computers.
This fitness wristband monitors your fitness and sleeping quality. You can use this fitness tracker watch anywhere because it is water-proof. This activity wristband does not need any charging at all, so you do not have to deal with charging and low-battery problems. Check out more of its details below:
- Purpose – tracks your activity and sleep quality
- Reports – it keeps your daily, weekly and monthly progress
- Versatile – this pedometer watch is very versatile, you can wear it on your wrist, slide it into your pocket during a grueling workout session or wear it with a pendant during a glamorous evening out. You can also clip it to your waist, pocket, collar, shoe or anywhere you deem is appropriate.
- Fashionable – this pedometer watcĥh comes with different wristbands including sports bands for sports enthusiasts, leather band for professionals, bloom necklace for women or a plain necklace for men who need to wear it in special events.
- Replaceable Battery – Batteries are replaceable. No need for charging.
- Materials –are carved from aircraft grade aluminum
This fitness tracking device learns your activity level and assigns you a personalized daily goal. It displays your steps, the calories you burned, the distance you covered and the quality of your sleep. It also includes a heart rate monitor for fitness activities. With this pedometer watch, you can save, plan and share your progress at Garmin Connect. Check out the details of Garmin Vivofit below:
- Personalized Daily Goals – Garmin Vivofit is making things active for you by learning your activity level and assigning you attainable daily goals. As you meet your goal, this tracking device will adjust your goal for the next day until you reach a healthy lifestyle.
- Informs You When It’s Time To Move – Several studies learned that prolonged periods of inactivity, such as sitting at a desk decreases your body’s production of fat-burning enzymes. However, you can reverse this by taking frequent, short walk break throughout the day. Unfortunately, it is so easy to overlook this and forget that you have been sitting for hours, so Garmin Vivofit is here to remind you when it’s time to move. In this instance, you will see a red move bar on the display after 1 hour of inactivity and it builds up when you don’t move. To reset this, you have to walk for a couple of minutes.
- Always On – Garmin Vivofit follows your progress 24/7 and it will keep the data for over a year without a battery To track your sleep, you have to set the sleep mode when you go to bed. You can see your total sleep hours and period of movement and restful sleep at the Garmin Connect.
- Keep You Connected – With just a touch of the button, you can wirelessly sync your data with Garmin Connect. You can also access Garmin’s free online community through your computer or any compatible mobile devices with Garmin ConnectMobile app.
These activity tracker watches are among the most popular exercise bracelets on the market. As mentioned, they offer the basic feature that regular pedometers do. However, aside from showing the time just as regular watches do, they are also packed with several features that help you track your overall health including sleep quality and heart rate. Which among the pedometer watches interest you? Do you own any of these workout wristbands? How was your experience?
For those who are considering to get a watch pedometer, we encourage you to do so. A fitness tracking watch is a good investment for your health, so doubt no more and get yourself one today.